The intention of this guide is to give instructions on how to check the Internet Information Service (IIS) settings in RMS 10.x under the Authentication section,
when receiving an error message while attempting to access the RMS Reporting Website.
In some cases it may also be necessary to adjust other advanced settings to avoid further complications or error messages.
The following error message was initially received by the customer when attempting to access reports:
Access Denied The user [domain\username] is not permitted to view report [ReportName]
Please follow the step-by-step description to make sure that all statuses in the Authentication section are correctly Enabled or Disabled.
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Go to ManageSoftRP Share for the Default Web Site.
- Within the Authentication section there is a list of authentication methods and their status.
- Based on your environment it might be suitable to change the behavior how users get access to the website. One option is to disable the Basic Authentication and enable the Windows Authentication. Please make sure that all statuses are set according to the image below.
- Next, go to the Advanced Settings for the Windows Authentication and disable the Kernel-mode authentication.
- While still under Windows Authentication go to Providers and add Negotiate-Kerberos and move it to the top.
The result should look like the following image.
If there are still further concerns, questions, or comments, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com