Bad security analysis files or none at all may be generated if the managed device doesn't have the latest version of Internet Explorer or the XML Parser package installed.
Error message: Failed to load XML
- The managed device is not returning security analysis (MSA) files, or is returning bad files or the security analysis files are empty (no security patches are listed)
- When the following is run from the command line:
mbsacli /hf -v -history 3 -x "C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\SecurityPatch\mssecure.xml" > patch.log
the message "Failed to load XML 'C:\Program Files\ManageSoft\SecurityPatch\mssecure.xml'" is returned.
This problem is caused by incorrect configuration on the client:
- For NT4 managed devices, the XML parser package is not installed. That is, XML Parser v8.40 (msxml3usa.msi) is not installed.
- For Windows 2000 and higher managed devices, the minimum release (release 5.5) of Internet Explorer is not installed.
This issue may be resolved by:
- Installing the XML parser package on the affected NT4 managed devices
- Installing the XML parser package on the affected Windows 2000 (or higher managed devices) or alternatively, installing Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher.