This article contains information about how to obtain the ManageSoft for distribution servers component of ManageSoft Deployment Manager release 7.9.1, how to install it, and details of the problems that it addresses.
ManageSoft for distribution servers release 7.9.1 contains updates to the distribution server component of ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9. With this release installed, distribution servers can be configured so that uploaded files are resolved directly into the ManageSoft database, without first being uploaded to the administration server. This configuration can result in scalability and performance improvements.
This release also includes a collection of fixes across different functional areas. These fixes are also available as ManageSoft Deployment Manager 7.9 SP1. See the 'Related articles' section below for information about service packs available for other Deployment Manager components.
Getting ManageSoft for distribution servers 7.9.1
You can download ManageSoft for distribution servers 7.9.1 by FTP from one of the following servers:
Use the username release.
If you do not have a current password for accessing this area, please contact ManageSoft Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Once logged in to the FTP server, the service pack can be found at:
Download this file, and execute it to extract its contents to a temporary location.
If you want to configure the distribution servers on which you install this release to use local data importers to resolve files directly into the ManageSoft database without first uploading them to the administration server, follow the manual installation process described below.
For distribution servers that should be configured to upload files through the distribution hierarchy to the administration server for resolution into the ManageSoft database, you can use any installation method described in the ManageSoft Implementation Guide. Refer to the ManageSoft Implementation Guide supplied with release 7.9, or download a more recent copy from the ManageSoft knowledge center.
To manually install this software and configure the distribution server to use local data importers:
- From the temporary location to which you extracted the downloaded files, run setup.exe.
The ManageSoft for distribution servers - Install Wizard starts.
- Click Next.
- Read the license agreement and, if you accept its terms, select I accept the terms of the license agreement, and click OK.
- Enter your user name and organization name, and click Next.
- Select Custom, and click Next.
- On the Custom Setup page, expand ManageSoft for distribution servers and select the Distribution server importersfeature for installation.
- Click Next.
- Complete the installation wizard, referring to the ManageSoft Implementation Guide for further detail if required.
If necessary, you can uninstall ManageSoft for distribution servers:
- From the Start menu, select Settings Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs.
- From the list of installed programs, select ManageSoft for distribution servers.
- Click Add/Remove.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
- Once ManageSoft for distribution servers is uninstalled, close the Add/Remove Programs dialog and Control Panel.
Upload behavior when data importers are configured
With this release installed and configured appropriately, files uploaded to the ManageSoftRL IIS virtual directory on this distribution server using HTTP are automatically resolved into the ManageSoft database. Having a number of distribu