This article describes the best practice to update from an older Scan Engine version to a newer version.
Please note that "INSTALLDIR", "msi path" and "log path" are variables for your respective environment "INSTALLDIR" = the location where Scan Engine is installed "msi path" = the location where the msi from Scan Engine is located "log path" = the location where the msi logs should be written.
1. User has administrative rights
2. User has rights to start/stop services
1. Copy the required files for the installation onto your environment
2. Open Windows Services (run → services.msc)
3. Stop the running services for:
RayVentory Scan Engine HTTP Upload Server
RayVentory Scan Engine Scheduler
4. Go to %ProgramData%\Raynet and backup the "RayVentoryPortal" folder
5. Go to "INSTALLDIR"\RayVentoryScanEngine and backup the CONFIG, INI and XML files.
6. Open Add/Remove Programs and uninstall RayVentory Scan Engine
7. Go to %ProgramData%\Raynet and delete the RayVentoryPortal folder
8. Go to "INSTALLDIR" and if present delete the folder "RayVentoryScanEngine"
9. Open PowerShell or CMD with administrative rights
10. Type msiexec -i "msi path" /L*V "log path"
11. Execute the installation
12. After the installation:
Copy the backed-up files to their corresponding location.
Please note during the copying process for the log files if the services are already running the copying will not work.
13. Start RayVentory Scan Engine