This article describes the needed steps to install / upgrade the RayVentory Aspera Connector on the RayVentory database to provide the data for USU LIMA (SmartTrack)
- Download the latest Connector release from the Raynet FTP
- An installed RayVentory
- An user with access and write rights on the RayVentory database
Installation / Upgrade
- Open the Command prompt and navigate to the sources directory "SQL Installer"
- Execute "installConnectorSQL.cmd" to start the installation
- Insert the SQL Servers Hostname
- If the database is on the local system, just press enter, and it will take 'localhost'
- Insert the SQL Servers instance name
- If the instance name is 'SQLEXPRESS', just press enter, and it will take 'SQLEXPRESS'
- If there is no instance name, enter a space and press enter
- Insert the name of the RayVentory database
- If the database name is 'ManageSoft', just press enter, and it will take 'ManageSoft'
- Verify the database Schema of the RayVentory database
- Execute the query against the RayVentory Database
Select * From DatabaseConfiguration
- Insert the SchemaVersion as the Database Version
- If the database Version is '11.4', just press enter, and it will take '11.4'
- The installation / upgrade of the RayVentory Aspera Connector will be executed
- When the installation finished successful, it will look like this
- Press any key to close the installation
If the installation went not successfull, the log files will be stored under
- \\Path\to\Sources\<ConnectorVersionNumber>\SQL Installer\SQL\Aspera\Aspera_install.log
- \\Path\to\Sources\<ConnectorVersionNumber>\SQL Installer\SQL\Oracle\Oracle_install.log
Import XML files for USU LIMA (SmartTrack)
The XML files are needed to gather the inventory details with USU LIMA (SmartTrack) and are stored under the following path:
Notice only the import of files over DataHub is included in the support plan.
|over DataHub (supported)||
|Direct (no more supported, only samples)||
New install of the Connector:
Import the XML files in USU LIMA (SmartTrack) to gather the inventory data.
Update of the Connector:
Compare your already imported XML files with the new XML files. If there are changes in the new ones, you have to adapt these changes.