The following steps should be taken in order for the RayVentory database to be moved from one server that is running the SQL Server engine and SSRS to another server that is running those applications:
- Close the RayVentory Console.
- Stop the web site that RayVentory has its applications and virtual directories in (default = Default Web Site).
- Disable all RayVentory related scheduled tasks (take note of those that are disabled by default beforehand).
- Disable the 'Deployment Manager connection agent' service (take note of its startup mode beforehand).
- Detach the database, copy its MDF & LDF files to the new server, and then attach the database to that server.
- Ensure that the RayVentory service account has the same permissions to that SQL Server as it does to the original one. https://raynetgmbh.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013076112
- Go to the "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Reporter\CurrentVersion\" registry key, and then:
- Modify the DatabaseConnectionString value so that it contains the new SQL Server details.
- Modify the ServerLocation value so that it contains the new SSRS URL.
- Follow the steps described in:- https://raynetgmbh.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206491805-Q204953-How-do-I-export-EDS-reports-when-SSRS-is-installed-on-another-server
- Modify the RayVentory source files 'params.ini' file so that the following options are changed from when it was used to install RayVentory the first time:
SQLServerName=<name of new SQL Server>
SQLInstanceName=<name of SQL instance if it has one>
SSRSserverURL=<URL of new SSRS>
- Run the 'setup.exe' file via the "Run as Administrator" right-click context menu option (If this fails, then check the logs to find out why, correct the situation and then run the 'setup.exe' file again).
- Start the 'Deployment Manager connection agent' service.
- Enable all RayVentory related scheduled tasks that should be enabled.
- Start the web site that RayVentory has its applications and virtual directories in.
- Open the RayVentory console and check that its snapins work.
- Check that the SSRS reports work including exporting data via the Reporting snapin.
- Check that the legacy reports work including exporting data (10.6 and earlier) by running the Infrastructure snapins 'Verfiy configuration' action and choosing to view its report.